Seattle Cascades Administration Team - Job Posting
The Seattle Cascades Drum & Bugle Corps are seeking energetic administrators to work with us for the 2020 summer season. Tour assistants will assist in the day to day functions of the Corps. Once part of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring successful operations of the Seattle Cascades, while working closely with the Tour Director and Operational Director to produce and implement advanced solutions and procedures. Interested candidates should understand the marching arts and drum corps tour life. While touring with us, you will have an amazing opportunity to travel the country, perform all the functions involved in supporting the corps on tour, and hone your management and leadership skills through real-world experiences. Candidates must be highly motivated and self-starting.
The Seattle Cascades will pay the candidate based on length of time on tour and qualifications. Housing, transportation, and food will be provided to those traveling with the corps.
• Reports to Tour Director
• Assist with coordination and communication of volunteer, driving, and merchandise staff.
• Assist with day-to-day logistics including management of rehearsal and housing locations, communication with hosts, and facility oversight.
• Assist with food service logistics including management of shopping lists and food delivery.
• Assist with other general housekeeping such as equipment maintenance, uniform cleaning and upkeep, food service assistance, and show-day logistics.
• Assist with record keeping and office management including maintenance of our Microsoft Office 365 server.
• Assist with tour travel logistics including airport and travel pick-ups, medical appointments, and other errands.
• Communicate on a variety of topics to the entire organization
• Assist and Execute Daily Schedules
• Other responsibilities as they develop, based on interest areas and organization needs
• Teach and Implement all safety procedures and policies.
• Ability to collaborate with others in a fast-paced, intense, and sometimes stressful environment.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Aptitude for learning new collaboration technologies and an interest in finding new and creative ways to work in a cloud-based world.
• Attention to detail and accountability
• CPR and first aid Certiﬁcation a plus (job training is available in this area)
• Clean driving record
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail in all things big and small.
• Experience in management or leadership a plus but not necessary
• Experience in management, communications, or business is a plus.
• Highly organized with a dedication to adopting and maintaining organizational habits amidst a disorderly daily environment.
• Knowledge of basic productivity programs like Microsoft Office.
• Motivated with a strong work ethic
• Must be composed and be highly skilled in dealing with ambiguity
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, punctual, and ﬂexible
• Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
• Strong aptitude for out-of-the-box critical thinking skills.
• The ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment
• Pass a national background check
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please send a short resume and 3 references (2 professional and 1 personal) email@example.com